Friday, March 31, 2017

Production has Started

Yesterday, I began filming the scene. I got most of the filming done I'd say besides the part of the story with the flashback. I, of course, shot the same scene in various shots and angles. I'm sure throughout the editing process I'll notice that I will have to re shoot some of the shots and add different angles and lighting. My actors were very good apart from the laughing every once in a while. Directing is an interesting role because you chose everything that gets put into the frame, and you decide what the audience sees. It's really up to the director to be able to capture everything in the chance their given. I like the task of having the responsibility of showing all that I can.
My video consists mostly of over the shoulder shots and two shots. It's almost all conversation so those are the primary shots for that sequence. Towards the end there is a very dramatic zoom into the face which I actually like a lot. I think I'm gonna do plenty of swaps from shoulder to shoulder during the conversation. I have a pan when one actor stands up to do something which I think flows really well. All in all I think it's very good so far and i'm very excited.
I'm going to start editing real soon, so depending on how that goes, it'll determine how I set up my schedule for this upcoming week. Hopefully i don't run into too many problems along the way and have to end up re shooting the whole video. I will give you guys an update on the editing next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment