Saturday, March 11, 2017

Brainstorming

      I currently don't know what I'll be filming or even what genre so I'll have to start there I guess. Personally, I've always been into action and crime films and shows. Whether the production has a superhero or just regular people, the concept has always caught my attention. I love police/detective shows like Hawaii Five-0, Bloodline, Chicago P.D, Gotham, Grimm, and even superhero vigilante shows like Arrow and Flash. I think each one of those shows is so good and is able to draw viewers in due to the fact that each episode has a its own plot but is related to the show's overall plot. The action sense of each episode also grabs the viewers attention with fire, and fighting, and guns, but whilst challenging the viewers mind on how it all relates to the plot. I love mystery so its always fun for me to see these sorts of productions.

      If I were to choose mystery I'd like to do something along the lines of bloodline where the problem is in the family. Mine, however, would result in a young successful cop who believes his parents are dead but really aren't, and he finds out when they end up being the prime suspects of a murder case. Eh, maybe? It sounds a bit too corny maybe. It could work though. If i do go with that it'll be a challenge to try and get that with only 2 minutes of footage. I'd probably start off in an office type setting with a detective bringing in the protagonist to tell him that they caught a break in the case and have a lead but he wont believe who it is. This actually is starting to sound too bad. Of course, this wont be my only idea, but I don't think it is a bad start.

     The protagonist, we'll say is in his late 20's early 30's, has a distinguished military past which gives him the skills he needs to tackle all of his difficult tasks in life. He was orphaned at 8 years old and was made to believe that his parents had crashed in a car accident. This could be good to be honest. I think I may be able to run with this. I'll obviously ask my peers for feedback and see what they think before even thinking of getting started with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment