Friday, March 24, 2017

Peer Review

So the other day we had a peer review session. I heard a lot of interesting suggestions from my peers. A concern of min, which I have stated in the past, is how to incorporate the protagonist's backstory into the scene, which my peers helped me in deciding that I should do a flashback with a voiceover of the conversation the protagonist is having with his partner in the present time. So the partner is going to ask the protagonist, aka the main detective, to tell him again what happened with his parents. As the the main detective begins to explain what had happen, there is a flashback but you continue to hear the detective's voice explaining what is occurring. My peers said I should have someone explaining to the young boy about the tragedy. This will be a pretty simple way to let the viewer know about the past while keeping it interesting and quick.
Another issue of mine that was resolved was the length of the credits, which the group let me know should actually be quite short due to the fact that I'll have to do quite a lot of dialogue. The scene will require a lot of story telling and dialect so I shouldn't really focus too much time on something that's not as important.
The next step for me is to develop the script which will take me a couple days. I'm going ton have to make it very interesting. I'll be back when I have advanced in that aspect.

No comments:

Post a Comment