Sunday, March 12, 2017

Adding to the First Idea

    I've continued to think of the possible mystery style opening. The scene would be in a detective's office, with a desk, cabinets, paperwork, etc... Like I said before the protagonist would be approached by a partner of sorts and the partner would tell him that the leads they have on the case are his parents. The two would be wearing a plain colored button down with a tie (ill research the attire later, this is just my assumption). The leads on his parents are that their finger prints are at the crime scene and all over the murder weapon. The protagonist will be completely shocked at the news since he was made to believe that his parents had died while he was around 8 years old. His father was a detective and thats what inspired him to become a police officer.

    I would like to allude to mystery because, personally, I believe it draws the attention of a lot of viewers. I feel like when viewers watch a mystery its because they get drawn in and they wanna solve the mystery themselves, so they kind of stay along for the journey to try and solve it. It's kind of like they want to solve a puzzle and the more you watch the episode or film the more and more you advance in solving the puzzle. It makes the viewer use their brain unlike other shows that you just watch for leisure.

     I will continue thinking of ideas in this coming week but I have this one to fall back on if nothing pops into my head. There's a unique storyline to run with on this one which will be challenging to incorporate in just 2 minutes of footage but it can be done. There's just doing straight dramas or even maybe a historical piece but I feel like I can best represent mystery in my case.

No comments:

Post a Comment