Sunday, April 9, 2017

Editing, Editing, Editing

Spent the last couple of days just editing this whole film opening up. I'm gonna be honest, I think it looks really good. I finally decided that for the flashback to go with a black and white filter to further show the fact that it's in the past and also that it's a very serious situation. The editing took up more time than I had previously anticipated but I managed it very well. The end result is looking very exciting and I can't wait to share it with you guys. This portion of the project also made me realize how important editing is and how it can make or break a scene in a film. I had to match perfectly the length of the voice over and the length of the film. Due to the fact that I recorded the voice over first, I had to adjust the scenes to fit with the time frame of the voice over. I think that is the more appropriate route because if the filming would've been to short or too long the voice over would not sound like as if it was scripted instead it would flow like a regular conversation. So I will put the last touches on the video and be back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment